Call for Papers
Aims and Scope
EG VCBM is a bi-annual event addressing state-of-the-art visual computing research with a strong focus on applications in biology and medicine. EG VCBM is unique, as it provides a highly interdisciplinary forum for experts from computer graphics, visualization, computer vision, visual analytics, human computer interfaces and end users from biology and medicine jointly working on next generation visual computing solutions for healthcare and the biotechnology sector.
EG VCBM solicits the submission of original application-oriented research papers that advance the fusion of visual computing methods within imaging-based medicine and biological science. All papers should focus on a well-defined biological or medical problem, and should demonstrate a significant innovation or improvement in visual computing.
Suggested topics for papers include, but are not limited to:
- Visual computing solutions for medical applications like radiology, interventional medicine, pathology, anatomy and medical education
- Visual computing solutions for applications to support biomedical research in systems biology, omics, molecular pathology, neuroanatomy, biomedical imaging,…..
- Survey papers on visual computing in biology and medicine
Methods might include, but are not limited to
- Visualization and analysis of all kinds of biomedical (image) data
- Visualization, mining and analysis of biomedical data collections
- Fusion, analysis and visualization of heterogeneous and/or multi-source data
- Multi-scale methods and data structures for large data
- Interaction and design of visual computing workflows in medicine and biology
- Data tracking and registration
- Data reconstruction and geometry extraction
Information for Authors
All submitted papers will run through a one-stage peer-review process. Accepted papers will be presented at the workshop and will appear in the EG-published printed conference proceedings. The authors of the best three papers will be invited to submit an extended article version of their paper as journal publication to Computer Graphics Forum.
Papers can be up to 8 pages, while posters should be submitted as a 1 page abstract. They should be prepared in the supplied Eurographics style and have to be submitted via the online submission system. Login with your existing SRM account, or create a new one using the relevant links. Detailed help on the submission system can be found in the SRM manual. Please note that the reviewing process will be double-blind, so take care to anonymize your submission.
- Paper submission: June 19, 2014
- Paper notification: July 31, 2014
- Camera-ready deadline: August 14, 2014
- Poster submission: August 07, 2014
- Poster notification: August 14, 2014
- Workshop: September 4.-5., 2014
All deadlines are at 23:59 CET (UTC + 1) (convert to your timezone).